Locked Out Dell Inspiron 1525 - Lock 9

My Dell Inspiron 1525 (Vista) will not startup.
A lock symbol with the number 9 is lit up next to the power button.

A person I know was attempting to hack into my Dell Inspiron 1525 past night. I'm assuming the system locked itself to prevent it from being hacked.

Does anybody know haw I can get back in?

Related Threads with Details Posted On

Laptop screen turns off every time I view the color black.

Hi,
I have a Toshiba Satellite L675-S7050 running Win 8 64-bit.
When ever I see anything that covers my screen in the color black, the screen turns off. Then I have to close the lid, and the screen resumes.

What could be the trouble. Some answers are thankful. Thank-you for your \'s advise.

Noor440 has choosen the better solution to his/her problem.
Click here to see the s
CREATED ON -
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
READ MORE

why can i not connect to the internet?

Win Xp is the Operating system
the ram was so small on the origional System
so moved hard drive withXp to the new tower which previously had vista on it. Hard drive with vista is not connected, just now the HD with XP. Went by way of Client service to update license for XP but it still will not connect to the net.

CREATED ON -
READ MORE

internet explorer settings help

the other day I downloaded bearshare and shortly after that I un-installed it. anyway I assume the programme screwed with my settings cause my I E isn't doing the same possessions it was before I downloaded the program. it no longer opens seperate links in the same window, instead it starts a new window and it used to show me where I've been much active on the website when opening a new tab in my window but right now it just
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

ASUS M5A97 R2 motherboard

ASUS states M5A97 R2 is compatible with
6GB/s SATA HDD , I wish to know if it is back
compatable with 3GB/s SATA HDD as well ?
Thanx
jim zaker (vzeejh4z@verizon.net)

jim_zaker has choosen the better solution to his/her problem.
Click here to see the solution that was chosen.

CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Can't see anything under the Windows folder in XP

My husband is using my old system, running XP with SP 3. It's been good, but an odd trouble has just now shown up. In Windows Explorer, in the C drive, you can notice the Windows folder, but when you open it, nothing is there.

I have unhidden each thing in the folder see options, and right now you can at least notice all the Microsoft update un-install folders, but that is it.

If I go to th
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Why is the CNET website so slow?

I\'m unclear if this is the correct forum to place this but why is the Downloadforums web-site so slow? I\'ve actually speedy net and no other websites give me problem. Downloadforums is so slow for me occasionally that it is actually not usuable. This has been having worse and worse for the past many months. Am I missing some thing or is there simply a problem with the site?

CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Install Graphics Card - SSD - Fresh Windows 7 Install Help -

I\'ll be putting a HD 7770 and a SSD with a clean setup of Win 7 in a Dell XPS 8500.

All I actually have on my instant HDD is Steam and some games, then some smaller programs like Audacity, Adobe Reader, WinRAR and VLC Player. So I assume just now doing a fresh setup of Win 7 would be easiest.

The Dell came with Roxio, Office and a few other Accessory programs like Sticky Notes pre-installed.

Will I lose th
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Trying to upgrade old computer. Please help

Hello,
I'm planning to Improve parts for my old system because it's starting to run slow, ex: during start up/ closed down. I wish to run Tera and other games on settings other than low, preferably max.

I have a TA790GX A3+ Ver. 5.x by BIOSTAR motherboard,

AMD Phenom II X4 945 processor (my Guys said I didn't have to Improve my processor so I'm not planning to unless you guys assume I should),
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Creativityden Directory

Hello, could anybody suggest me the importance of creativityden directory.
Thanks in advance.

CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Transfer mp3 files to Ipod without using Itunes.

Is there other alternate to transferring/syncing my mp3 files into my Ipod.
What I do right now is drag/drop files from Limeware applications into Itunes.
Itunes sync my mp3 files into Ipod. iTunes is one heavy over-sized application for what it does. It can only run a limited number of audio formats and limited video playback formats.
I noted Winamp Lite media run is an alternate to move & sync files into Ipod. Will this work?<
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Help with Focal Filter. Sites wont Unblock!

Hi,
I just now installed focal filter and blocked a few sites for 2 hours (last night). Nothing got blocked since my browser was open the whole time(until this evening, when I had to restart my system.) Un-installed and taken out all my blocked sites from the list, then focal filter came up with an bug inform stating.

Focal Filter was not able to alter your \'s system settings.

Access to C:\Window
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Disconnecting wired internet, without unplugging it.

My net is god awesome, and 90% of the time for whatever reason it all but stops working completely in the evening. At which point I start using the personal hotspot feature on my phone to connect to the net instead. (you would be surprised how speedy you can tare by way of "unlimited" net doing that) But just now I exchanged my system to a wired connection and when I go to swap to my phone, the only way to dis
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Computer Stops on One Screen on Start-up?

Salutations.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX280 that I just now purchased used.
When I connected the monitor to the tower, using a VGA chord and a VGA to DVI adapter, and turned each thing on, the monitor turned black and showed:

"X300 SE 64MB BIOS P/N 113-A26005-100"

I can't get past this screen, and restarting gets the same result.

Some thoughts on what this means? Is there some more info
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Help loading windows xp on Toshiba Laptop

I\'ve a Toshiba P15 Satellite Laptop that came with Windows XP on it but it has 2 issues, first the cdrom drive will not read a disc at all, second the hard drive was bad.

Checked hard drive externally it just now fails over and over, so I put a spare 40 gig I had here in it but right now to get windows loaded.

Using my original Windows XP Pro disc I generated a bootable flashdrive using wintoflash I attempted this on 2 dissimilar
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Installed Epson Artisan 730 - lost ability to download PDFs

Yes, I'm pitiful with systems. Am using a year old iMac. Old HP printer bit the dust. Got the cited Epson. Am using Mac Operating system 10.8.3. I captivated the new printer up via usb cable.

I have no thought why clicking on download pdf got screwed.

Some advise, pls?

CREATED ON -
READ MORE

PC - Waking from sleep causes HelpDesk error.

Some time my System goes to sleep, later when I wake it, the Windows HelpDesk pops up and won't go away. Also, some tried to click on the system or other icons brings up other HelpDesk window. Anyguys know how to resolve?

CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Two Different Thunderbird Problems

I\'ve two dissimilar troubles regarding Thunderbird (TB) E-mail computer:

I usage CenturyLink's Net service. Though CenturyLink has a website which I can usage for emails, I almost never usage it; rather I routinely usage TB. I\'ve TB's recent version 17.0.4 on my system (with Win 7).

Today, when I went to CenturyLink's website for emails, I was agh
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Locked BIOS

Hello All
So glad to be here! Expecting somebody can advise me with this challenge.
For regarding 6 months back I purchased a Panasonic CF-18 Toughbook IDS set up (Integrated Diagnostic System) from a car workshop that was going broke.
A set of days back the Win xp was corrupted and the system would no longer start up in Windows, not at all.
So I attempted to reinstall th
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

Computer loses power under load?!

This trouble has only just now initiated occurring very just now. Primarily at any time my system is under load, or playing a highly graphical game, my system looses power completely. It doesn't restart itself, and i\'ve to press the power button to power it back on. Prime95 also cases my system to lose power.
There is no BlueScreen or anything. I\'ve tested my event logs and have searched bug
CREATED ON -
READ MORE

my dell laptop blocks programs from downloading

ok, so i\'ve a dell inspiron laptopn and McAfee virus protection. i can download music but anything else, like java updates or safe programs would not download at all. i attempted turning off my firewall for a while to notice if it works and it does not. nothing would download on chrome or I E it just now automatically blocks each thing and tells it is harmful. i do not know what to do.

Model: I15R-2369SLV
CREATED ON -
READ MORE
  • Time : 0