OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Explanation Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name
System Manufacturer Sony Corporation
System Model VGN-FW21L
System Type X86-based System
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. R1090Y0, 25/07/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:Windows
System Directory C:Windowssystem32
Boot Device DeviceHarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name pradeepsaranpradeep saran
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.54 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.19 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.29 GB
Page File Space 3.29 GB
Page File C:pagefile.sys
.The trouble is I just now relocated to India and When i initiated using the laptop in India, the laptop Hangs/Glaciate atleast once a day.I never came across this point when i was in United Kingdom and thats where i bought this laptop.I ran full system hardware Diagonstics and it came up after 2 hurs saying each thing is working good.I even ran the full Anti-Virus scan and it had 3 virus/spam and i removed them.This isssue is actually bothering me and confused as in how to go regarding this point.

Related Threads with Details Posted On

No sound

I\'ve a four year old HP Pavillion windows xp and there is no sound. I tested the settings and control panel. I can only got sound if I hood up speakers. I assume the speakers are "dead". Is this common?

Thanks,
Karen

CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

troubled with wireless on nx6125

Hello,

I have this laptop HP Compaq NX6125 that i resemble to be having problem in having the wireless radio enabled.

I can notice the wireless connection there in the control panel -> network connection. Nevertheless, i cann\'t get the wireless connection to work. It said "not connected". When i was hovering my mouse over the wireless connection icon which is on the bottom right corner, it read "wireless connec
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Inspiron 1100 will only switch on if connected to mains when power button pressed

Hello all

I Except you can advise as I'm in a bit of a bind and desparately needing my laptop up and running (final prep for sompe certification exams).

I have a Dell latitute 1100 that I have just now reconditioned (i.e. cut off the U1 magnetic sensor as well reported for this model) and cleaned out fan, reapplied thermal compound and many more, and mostly worked over and got fully functional again.

The trouble is t
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Using a laptop as a second monitor for my PC

After attempting for a considerable amount of time to attempt to get my laptop (Toshiba Portege m400) to behave as a secondary, external monitor for my system, I'm on the verge of giving up. Nothing appear to work. I've searched much sites and forum topics for such a apparently straightforward task but I'm not having any luck.

Is it likely that the VGA port on the back of my laptop is an o/p only? That is,
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

How to clean laptop display?

How can I properly clean my laptop to show??
There are fingerprints on it.
Thank you.

CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

HDD Password

have Acer Travelmate 2300 with a Samsung hardrive in it. A set of months back it was stolen and the police recovered it. When it was returned it right now asks for an HDD Password. I didn\'t set this and haven\'t been capable to log onto it since. Is there some way I can clear this password.

CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Crashed HD due to Virus

Ok, so once again I\'ve decided to come to you friends... I\'ve a Dell Latitude D600 with centrino and windows xp... I\'ve just now fallen victim of a virus attack. It got so bad I had to take my HD out and Setup a new one, I\'ve the new HD up and running, my trouble right now is how to retrieve my files from the old HD. I\'ve located it in an enclosure and via usb attaced it to my System and ran 3
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

new laptop connecting to wireless network

Hello

I've just now retrieved my first laptop and i've been having problem connecting to my homes network. on my laptop it tells im connected but with limited connectivity. How can I get unlimited connectivity?

CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Toshiba Laptop Freezes Up

My Toshiba laptop (Satellite M45-S331, Operating system is XP) locks up sec. after booting up. This initiated just now for no apparent reason. The only alter in the laptop prior to it is starting to lock up was usage of a Sprint cell phone raw data card. I\'m no longer using the card and have taken out the related software; Nevertheless, it still locks up.

I set past restored points a set
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

keyboard replacement

I require to displace my keyboard on a Compaq v5000. How can I do this?

CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

DVD Driver HELP

Hi,

I have a dell latitude 131L and I\'m having trouble with my optiarc dvd+-RW AD-5540A (5.1.2535.0) Driver installed for my DVD/CD-ROM driver.

I was attempting to burn a dvd and suddenly i notice that dvd drive symbol from my system was gone. I tested the device manager and it tells, "Windows can\'t load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code snippet 39)

Cl
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

A real BUG (insect) in my INSPIRON 9300 Laptop Screen

Two weeks back I saw a very tiny bug/insect crawling across my Inspiron 9300, 17 inch laptop screen. I immediately put my finger to where it was on the screen only to realize that the bug was INSIDE of the screen. I pressed the screen with my finger and right now have a dead bug regarding the size of the apostrophy (')permanently imbeded in the screen. I thought that all laptop screens were a sealed unit, so I can't figure how this bug got into the inner screen. Does
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

HP Pavillion zx5000 turns off randomly

This laptop is running XP Pro Operating system. It was working good and then suddenly initiated turning itself off randomly. Occasionally it occurs with in sec. of turning it on but occasionally it will run for many minutes and then turn off. It is plugged in to power and the battery has sufficient charge to run it if it were the power cord. Any advise would be greatly thankful. It is old enough that I don't
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Laptop monitor fades to white

Hi, I\'ve an older laptop, a Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255, and the monitor appear to be having some issues. At any time I start up windows, the start up screen works good, but generally right after windows finishes loading the screen starts to sluggishly bleed to complete whiteness. An external monitor works good, even when the laptop screen is white. What\'s weird is that occasionally switching between ext
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Gateway 6020GZ audio problems

I've had this laptop for regarding 4 years & other than running sluggishly it's been ok until the past few days. After a lot of crashes, along with a 'shell' crash, & reboots, and many more., my audio is static -- my Operating system is Windows XP, my browsers are Win 7, or Safari, or Google Chrome. So, I un-installed then re-installed my Conexant AC-Link 2 Channel Audio Driver, then downloaded it again from Ga
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Replacing HD HP laptop and using recovery discs

I\'ve a HP Pavillion laptop running Vista Home Premium. Unfortunately (LOL)the HD went south 58 days out of warranty. I exchange the HD,and wonted to usage my recovery discs sent to me by HP to bring it back to where it was. They will not admit me to reinstall my O.S.
Instead I get a inform that states "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. (imagine that!) So on so on, then tells
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Compaq Presario V6000 Drivers problem

Hello!
I\'ve installed Win XP pro on my Compaq Presario V6000. Much drivers are searched and installed successfully. I\'ve searched following entries in Device Manager for missing drivers.

Base Computer Device
Base Computer Device
Base Computer Device
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller

How and where I can find drivers of above mentioned devices.

I have got following details by using intel'
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

Gateway ML6721 - motherboard crashed

I purchased my Gateway laptop in Nov 2007. After a problem-free year & 1/2, I returned from vacation just now (not having used it for 10 days) to find that the motherboard is dead. I\'ve no Extended Warranty, & I purchased it at (don't laugh) Circuit City. Nerd Squad quoted me $400 ($200 ea/parts-labor) for repair. What should I do? It appear that a motherboard should past longer than 2 months, no? Am I screwed?

CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

lag with hotmail

when I compose mail using Hotmail I get a 5-10 second lag before typed entry arises on screen,

I am using a neighbors WiFi with goood signal

is this just now a hotmail server slow reply time on Sunday nite, internet explorer, busy?

gracias,
L.A.

CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE

laptop screen does dim intermittent

Dell Inspiron 600

My laptop screen has initiated going intermittantly dark - I notice it is still active, but can barely notice it. Also the lower left corner of the screen is very hot.

Internet searches show the dark screen might be troubles with the LCD backlight or the inverter. Does the hot lower left screen indicate either of these - is it easy & affordable to resolve?

Where do I find more information regarding
CREATED ON -
Friday, April 19, 2013
READ MORE
  • Time : 0